A lot of the time we as humans allow ourselves to get engulfed in our situations. We go through a break up and for some reason we simply can not move on, we have a death and it’s hard to let go or we just go through general hard life circumstances that make us feel absolutely miserable and stuck. It is okay to be sad, to grieve or whatever other healthy emotions may arise from whatever you are dealing with, what is not okay is dwelling on it and allowing for it to cultivate a pit of despair within you. For most people, the problem lies in the dwelling. I have been through literal hell and back within my short stay on this Earth and I fully understand what it’s like to dwell on a situation and in the dwelling is where depression, anger, and negativity arised. In reading Gods word, hearing and living it out I’ve learned that everything will be okay. Let it go and keep going! Those things that you are worried about, they will work themselves out. Think about all the past hurts that you thought you would never get over, but have overcome. It is well.
Scriptures to help you with moving forward:
- The righteous cry out, and the lord hears them; he delivers them from their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
- Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.
- Cast your brudens upon the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
- Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
- For I know the plans I have for you, “declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Come to me, all you who are qeary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
- Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.